9.16.2005

Woo hoo!

I got a new job. I'm so stoked.

I was having issues working for the small group of people that make scientific kits for children. There were a lot of problems in that office, and if I were a more laid back non chalant kind of person, who doesn't care about dealing with strange business owners and their family, or who doesn't care that the working space and file managment are so horribly disorganized that it makes it difficult to get things done--all on a daily basis--if I didn't care about those things, the job would have been a decent one. The pay was ok (although low for the services I was providing), and the science aspects of it were interesting. The past couple weeks, they had also started a weekly event where they send out the 20-somethings working there for a few drinks. Yeah, it's a nice way to get to know each other I guess, but I didn't like feeling like I had to go or risk political disfavor.

So..... my new job will be awesome, because it has some major perks, like tuition assistance, health insurance, higher pay, flexibility, and a boss who is all about organization and streamlining processes to make things easier. It's a computer support position at my school, so it will also be convenient in between classes. It won't be as much science, but that's okay. I'll take geeks for lack of scientists. :)

3 comments:

Anna said...

try again....

yay Amy

Amy said...

thanks :) starting over can be refreshing! :)

Dawn said...

Yay! Congratulations!