1.02.2006

OMG

Yes yes, I'm alive! Thanks for all the letters of concern (Keith)... hahahaha Wow, I really suck. I was dying pretty much all quarter.

Sooo.... last quarter was interesting to say the least. I was so ready to just quit a few times! But I got through it, learned a lot, realized I'm in the right field for my interests (whew!), and got good grades to boot: 3.5, 3.7, 4.0. Yay! :)

Winter break was awesome. Jordan had most of the time off with me so we had a lot of quality time together! Hanging out, cooking meals together, playing WOW (see previous post) and leveling our characters to 42... watched King Kong (great movie)... got reacquanited with family/friends we had been ignoring...

And to top it off, Jordan proposed on Christmas Eve when we were with his family. It was very unexpected and very special! He had to ask twice because I didn't realize what was happening. hehehe :) The answer was "Well, yeah!" (duh)

So this may very well be my last post until who knows when, next fall. This quarter I'm taking classes on Global Climate Modeling, Watershed Ecology, and a very special class where we work with State legislators (picked by the governor to be on an ocean policy committee) to draft policy memorandum on various topics, including climate change and watershed stuff (my areas of interest). Several field trips will be in order, to some rivers and possibly Olympia!

Then in the meantime, we are in negotiations/planning for the wedding, likely to take place in the summer. We both want to keep it small and have it at the farmhouse. Other than that, nothing has been decided yet.

An exciting few months to look forward to and try not to die from! hahaha :)

Hope all my homies are doing well! I hope you all know I wish I had more time to chill! Hopefully when grad school is over, I'll be able to have a life again. Then again, sometimes I just need some prodding to blow off homework. It's not in my nature but hey people can change, right? Especially when the amount of homework is impossible! :)

3 comments:

Anna said...

Oh so that's where the anon picture message on my cell phone came from. How nice for you.

Dawn said...

Holy crap, a blog post from Amy! :) Hey, thanks again for having us over on Christmas; we all had fun.

Your class schedule sounds awesome! Have fun kicking ass!

Amy said...

Anonymous message? Oops sorry! :) I guess you'd have to know my phone number to know it was from me...

Thanks CV :) Yeah it's good that Jordan knows I can be dense. haha